Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Psyc Evaluation

On Monday, I went to Big Ochsner for the first of two visits for the pysc eval.  The first part is answering about 500 true or false questions.  Some of the questions were silly like "I think someone is trying to poison me." and others were hard like "I am/was closer to my mother than my father."  Some had absolutes like always and never.  Those are easy to me to answer.  It took about an hour and a half to complete this part of the eval.  This morning, I went back and met with the psychologist to go over the results and for her to talk to me and get a feel on how I might do with the surgery.  She told me that I seemed to be normal according to the results of my test.  Nothing stood out as concerning, like I don't seem to have an addiction to food that could be transferred to something else once I have the surgery.  The psychologist was very nice and I ended up telling her about Ravelry (we talked a little about my knitting and she crochets).  I cannot help to tell people about Ravelry.  Our talk lasted about 45 minutes and I was on my way back across the lake.

I was proud of myself in that I planned and took my protein shake with me in the car.  The more I drink the Isopure Chocolate, the less I really like it.  I hate that I cannot easily close the bag.  Buying it in the canister would fix that if I were to buy it again.  It does not blend as well as the Cellucor.  It was lumpy ad at the bottom was a huge clump that should have broken up as much as I stirred it with the spoon.  I don't want to fire up the blender every time I make a protein drink.  When I go home, one of packages of samples had come it and it was the one with the shaker bottle.  I tried the protein again with the shaker bottle and it was a lot better, but I could still see some clumps on the side.  I ended up getting another package of samples, so I will give those a try in the coming days and see how they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment