Friday, September 14, 2012

Produce Review: Isopure Dutch Chocolate Protein Powder

I bought this the other day from GNC and wanted to give it a try before my time ran out in case I needed to return it.  I decided to try it first with milk.  I bought some almond milk the other day, so I tried it with that.  I tried to mix it with a spoon, but it was clumpy.  It definitely needed a blender or a shaker bottle.  I went with the blender since the shaker bottle has not come in yet.  It is not bad.  Definitely tolerable.  Tastes like chocolate.  It is kinda thicker than chocolate milk and a bit frothy.  This might change if it is blended and let sit for a while.  I had read that some people do that in order to get rid of the frothiness.  I drank this around 10 am.  I will try it again this afternoon with water (the directions say to use water) to make as directed.  Since it is the first protein I have tried, I will give it a B so far.

I tried it again around 4 this time mixed with water.  I blended it up around 3 and let it set for an hour in the frig.  It had this funky filmlike stuff on the top that was a bit off putting.  It definitely is better with the almond milk, but drinkable.  It does have a bit of an aftertaste that I find when burping.  Nice.  With water, I'd give it a C.

Conclusion- This is not a bad option for a protein powder.  Let's see what else is out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment