Sunday, September 16, 2012

Full Liquids

Ideas from the boards-


I can only tolerate about 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese at a time. I did switch from fat-free to low-fat, as the low-fat had more protein (only 1 gram but I’ll take all the protein that I can get!) I have discussed this with my program’s nutritionist and she suggested that I could try a few more things:

1 cup of skim milk with 1/3 cup of Carnation Instant Dry Milk. There is over 16 grams of protein in one cup. Now, I couldn’t possibly drink 1 cup, but I do subsitute a 1/4 cup of this for my liquids throughout the day

1 cup of skim milk with Carnation (sugar-free) Instant Breakfast. This has over 12 grams of protein.

I have also tried “Naked” Protein Juice Smoothie (no sugar added) that I found at Whole Foods. It has 16 grams of protein in 1 cup. As it it is thick and filling too, I spread this out too.
__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment