Sunday, March 31, 2013

One Month Check Up and Easter Candy

This week I had my one month check up (I was a day from 5 weeks post op).  The doctor and dietitian were both happy with my progress.  I have no pain.   My incisions are looking good and I still have little hunger.  This week I was craving Mandarin Chicken.  I remember the days of when I didn't like Chinese food.  What I dummy I was.  We went out to get some on Friday.  It was so good.  I had a hard time restraining myself, but I did so.  The more I take home, the more I have for later!

Today is Easter.  I bought the girls a little candy and Robyn and I made our favorite mashed potatoes.  Again, I was good and weighed out my food.  I did go a half oz over my usual 3 oz., but it was good and I was content.  We had a lot of left overs, but I had my taters at lunch and will wait until the next holiday to have some more.  I am OK with that.  I got the girls some Reese's Eggs and I was hoping it would not cause a problem for me.  They didn't in the least bit.  I still am not feeling hunger so to speak.  I have cravings every once in a while, but that is about it.  I am able to say no prettily easily.  I hope this continues for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment