Monday, March 18, 2013

Who Is This Person And What Did She Do With My Appetite?

I am just not hungry.  Food holds no appeal for me.  I look at most food and say "Meh."  I eat because I have to not because I want to.  I was telling Phillip tonight that if I had my way I would just drink water all day.  Cold water is wonderful.  I have always loved it and still do.  I am wondering if my food indifference has to do with the fact that I am still in purees.  Most of the stuff I eat looks like cat food.  That is what Robyn told me today when I was blending up my turkey and Laughing Cow Swiss   It tastes ok, but definitely not visually appealing.  The surgery takes away a lot of our feelings of hunger.  It comes back, they say, only not as strongly as before.  Some WLS patients say they never lost their feelings of hunger.  I definitely have and it is strange that this is me.  On Friday, I get to move up to soft foods (food you can cut with a fork) and this will open up a wider range of foods.  I am curious how that will affect how much I eat.  I still have not felt nauseated since leaving the hospital nor have I thrown up.  Many on my February FB group have and I suspect that one reason is that I have a larger stomach.  My Dr. used a 42 bougie and many of them have a 32-36.  For now, I am ok with having a larger stomach.  I hope I continue to feel that way down the road.

My energy has slowly come back since the hospital stay.  I still get winded, but it is less and less so.  Today, I went to the grocery store for the first time and picked up a couple of things.  I was not speedy, but I got it done.  I am happy to get back to my normal duties.  I don't like having my family and friends pick up my slack.  I know they do it out of love and I love them even more for it.  But...I still don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment