Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It's Been A Long Time

I haven't posted in a while.  All is well.  Well...it is better than well.  I am now 3 months post op.  I have lost 91 pounds since September (50 since my surgery).  I have been out of town several times and have not had any trouble with my food choices.  In fact, I tried a new protein while in Houston, a bison burger, and I loved it.  I would like to find some around here.  I finally bought some new clothes since the old ones were looking pretty silly.  I wore them as long as I could, but in the end they were probably comical.  I have flown and I didn't need a seat belt extender and I could put the tray table all of the way down with room to spare.  It was  exciting to get those NSVs.  Clothes wise, I am between the girls, but closer to Cara's size.  I can wear her jeans, but I don't like them as tight as they do.  I have bought a couple of XL shirts, but it really matters on the make because one of my 3Xs fits the same as another's XL.  I like to try on clothes now just to see if it fits.  Weird.  I have started exercising in our neighborhood pool and love that.  I walk back and forth as well as do other exercises.  I think some of the neighbors think I am crazy, but I am not sweating that that was my deterrent in the past.  At my 3 month checkup, my surgeon and dietitian were pleased with my progress.  You can tell I am too.

No comments:

Post a Comment