Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Recipe Review- Elina's Southwestern Red Chicken Soup

Elina is an active member of the Obesity Help VSG message boards.  She is always there to add a helpful take on struggles one may have on the journey.  She has posted some recipes to her blog on OH.  The one that gets the most love is her Green Chicken Soup.  I thought I would try a variation, the Southwestern Red Chicken Soup.  I followed the recipe only using Tony Chachere's instead of the cumin and chili powder.  This was excellent!  I blended the soup as the recipe calls.  It is not as appetizing after blending as much as before, but honestly I know I would have eaten around the black beans and tomatoes.  I love this soup.  We will have it again tomorrow night and I have another large container in the freezer, as well as a smaller one for dinner on Friday at Angie's.

Southwestern Red Chicken Soup  The link is for the page the recipe is on now.  If she adds more recipes the page the recipe is on may change.

Decision- A+

No comments:

Post a Comment