Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Where Things Are For Now

It has been a while since I updated.  My liver biopsy showed no autoimmune disease, but Fatty Liver Disease.  The treatment for this is losing weight and exercise, so I am on my way with that.  My surgery scheduled for December 21st has been now postponed because I was taking too much thyroid medicine.  We switched from Tirosint back to Synthroid.  The dosage is off and Dr. C said surgery would be unsafe at the level it was.  He backed me down a bit and I will do blood work once the sun comes up.  I started on the the two week liquid diet prior to surgery and honestly the 4 days I did it, it was not that bad.  It helps that I like my protein powder.  I started stressing how I was going to work the Coumadin/Lovenox shots, getting IVF filter, and then possibly not having the surgery if my thyroid level is still off.  I don't like to mess with my Coumadin unless necessary and the stop/start for the Lovenox with the question of whether the surgery would be on 2 days before was too much for me.  I decided to postpone until the first of the year when my thyroid levels are where they need to be.  Hopefully they are back on track and I can schedule this puppy.  I am ready to go.  It kinda feels like I am walking around in a maze and someone keeps sticking their leg out and tripping me.  In the morning I have an appointment to see about the IVC filter.  I really do not want one of these and my PCP agrees with me.  I want a good explanation of why I need this.  So far I have not gotten one.

No comments:

Post a Comment