Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Why the Blog?

I have created this blog for me to document my journey toward health.  I have been miserable for so long.  My weight is keeping me from enjoying time with my family and friends.  I don't enjoy travel or being away from home at all.  I have slept in a recliner for over 10 years, I think.  It has been a long, long time.  I am not used to sleeping in a bed and wake up frequently.  When I do either my knees are killing me or my scar tissue from my mastectomy makes it uncomfortable to sleep in certain positions.  I have decided to see if I would be a candidate for weight loss surgery.  I know it is a pretty drastic step, but it is one I think I need to take.  It would be an excellent tool to help me with this journey.  Surgery alone will not get me to where I want to be, but it will force me to make better choices initially until I can habitually do so.

I am tired of watching life pass me by.  I want to do all of the things I think I can do in my head.  My weight and physical limitations stop me from doing what I want.  I want to take my life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment